The School is a Direct Subsidy Scheme School. The current school fees for 2020-2021 are as follows:
|F1: ||$35,955 ||F2: ||$35,955 ||F3: ||$35,955 |
|F4: ||$34,980 ||F5: ||$34,980 ||F6: ||$34,980 |
- School fee payable in each succeeding year will be no less than the school fee paid in the current year. For example, students studying in Form 1 and Form 2 now will be paying no less than $35,955 in school fees when promoted to Form 3, Form 4, Form 5 and Form 6 (subject to EDB’s approval).
- School fee payable for each successive form will be no less than the school fee paid in the current year for that form. For example, a current Form 3 student who will be promoted to Form 4 in 2021-2022 will be paying no less than $35,955 in school fees (subject to EDB’s approval).
- Depending on the school’s development and financial situation, we may submit further fee revision applications to EDB in the future.
Fee Remission Scheme
Qualified students will not be denied admission to Heep Yunn School due to financial reasons. The School has an extensive fee remission scheme for students with economic concerns, which includes fee remission in full (100%), three-quarters (75%), half (50%), and one-quarter (25%) of the school fee. Needy students, including those from families receiving the CSSA and students receiving financial assistance provided by the SFO may apply for fee remission through their parents or legal guardians. More details of the fee remission scheme can be found here: http://www.hys.edu.hk/fee-remission-scheme-2020-2021/
Places available for 2021-2022 school year
Online Application Period
Start: 1:00 p.m. on 24 October, 2020 (Saturday)
End: 11:59 p.m. on 5 November, 2020 (Thursday)
- Applicants must complete the online application form on or before 5 November, 2020 and print a hard copy of the completed application form.
- The hard copy of the application form must be submitted to the school office in person by 12 noon of 7 November, 2020 (Saturday), together with all supporting documents and the entrance examination fee. Upon submission of the full set of application documents and payment of entrance examination fee, a receipt will be issued, which indicates the completion of the application procedures. Please note that we do not accept submission by post.
- If an applicant only completes the online application form without submitting the hard copy of the application form, supporting documents and the entrance examination fee in person , the application is deemed incomplete and no admission interviews will be arranged.
Setting up an account on our platform: (follow instructions on the next page)
- Login: your email address
- Password: your choice
- Other information: Applicant’s full name, as appears on her identification documents (e.g. HKID card)
Online completion of Form A
- Personal information of the applicant. A copy of the applicant’s identification document (e.g. HKID card) and a student photo (file size: each under 6MB) will need to be uploaded.
- Family information
- Contact details
- Academic Performance
- Extra-curricular activities and services to the school/community
- Awards and achievements
- First Interview: Chinese session language option (Cantonese or Putonghua)
Note: Applicants are free to update the information anytime during the application period BEFORE confirming the online application information. Once confirmed, the information cannot be changed.
- Confirmation of the completed online application form (Press CONFIRM)
- Submission of the completed online application form (Press SUBMIT)
Note: Application is NOT YET COMPLETE at this stage. The hard copy of the completed online application Form A must be printed and submitted to the school office by 12 noon of 7 November, 2020, together with supporting documents and the entrance examination fee. A receipt will be issued which indicates the completion of the application.
- Download the completed Form A in PDF format. An application form number will be automatically generated and printed on the PDF document.
- Print the PDF document.
Step 5 (Optional)
- Complete Form B and/or Form C, which are, respectively:
- Sports Activities Form /
- Music Activities Form /
- Download the completed Form B and/or Form C (PDF format)
Form B and Form C are optional forms, which are only applicable to applicants who wish to take part in the Sports Skills Test and/or Music Audition.
- Submission (IN PERSON)
Please submit the following items IN PERSON to the school office during the application period (27 October, 2020 to 7 November, 2020):
- Form A
- Form B / Form C (optional)
- Photocopy of Birth Certificate
- Photocopies of P.4 and P.5 Report cards
- Entrance Examination Fee $50 (in cash).
- Please retain the receipt issued.
- Application Period
- 27 October, 2020 (Tuesday) – 7 November, 2020 (Saturday)
- Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Monday to Friday)
9:00 a.m. – 12 noon (Saturday)
- Public holidays closed
- Please note the last day for submission is a Saturday.
Shortlisted applicants and their parents will be invited by email to an individual Second Interview to be held in December, January, February or March.
- Date: 28 November, 2020 (Saturday)
- Time: 8:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. (tentative); timeslots to be released (see point (5) below)
- Subject to unforeseen circumstances, all applicants will be attending the First Interview
- In case of emergencies or unstable pandemic conditions, the school may implement online interviews, and the date and time of the interview will be revised.
- The time slots for interview will be released on 14 November, 2020 (Saturday). Applicants should login to their account (See Application Procedures, Step 1) to check.
- Applicants who need to attend school examinations, take part in competitions representing their school/the Hong Kong region or other very important events and cannot attend the First Interview at the scheduled time slots may email the school (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 20 November, 2020 (Friday), attaching documentary proof, and the school would try, if possible, to reschedule the time slots to accommodate the schedule.
- Rescheduling to accommodate interest classes, tutorial classes, family gatherings, travel plans will not be entertained. (The discretion to reschedule rests solely with the school.)
- Format: Individual interviews
- Language: English and Chinese (Cantonese)
- Non-Cantonese speaking applicants may opt for Putonghua
- Applicants will be allocated to Cantonese/Putonghua interviews according to their opted choices in Form A. Last minute changes of the interview language on the day of the First Interview may affect the results.
- Areas of assessment: Expressiveness, language literacy, problem solving skills, logical thinking ability and creativity
- Attire: School Uniform (suggested)
- Suitable applicants will be notified through email during the period from December 2020 to mid-March 2021 to attend second interviews.
- Interviews will be conducted periodically throughout December 2020 to March 2021.
- Format: Shortlisted applicants and their parents will be interviewed by the Principal, Assistant Principals or senior teachers.
- Submission of supporting documents: Copies of P.6 report cards and a student portfolio (copies of certificates of academic achievements, extra-curricular activities achievements, awards, etc) of no more than 8 single-sided A4 pages (or 4 double-sided A4 pages).
- Language: English and Chinese (Cantonese) (Non-Cantonese speaking applicants may opt for Putonghua)
Sports Skills Test
- Skills tests will be administered for the following events:
|Athletics ||Badminton ||Basketball ||Fencing |
|Hockey ||Squash ||Swimming ||Table tennis |
|Tennis ||Volleyball ||Triathlon || |
- Applicants interested in taking part in the sports skills test must complete Form B (Sports Activities Form); individuals will be selected to take part in the skills test based on the information provided.
- The skills test will be held in November and December. Exact schedule to be confirmed.
- Selected individuals will be invited to take part in the skills test through email no later than 16 November, 2020.
- Applicants interested in taking part in the music audition must complete Form C (Music Activities Form); individuals will be selected to take part in the audition based on the information provided.
- The audition will be held in mid/late-December or early January. Exact schedule to be confirmed.
- Selected individuals will be invited to take part in the audition through email no later than 18 December, 2020.
|Assessed Items ||Weighting % |
|1. Interview performance ||30 |
|2. Academic performance ||30 |
|3. Co-curricular activities and awards ||20 |
|4. Conduct / Attitude ||20 |
- Successful applicants and applicants on the waiting list will be notified of their application status no later than 1 May, 2021.
- Parents/Guardians of successful applicants must register by signing an undertaking with the school and submitting the Primary Six Student Record Form of their child/ward on or before 3 May, 2021.
- Unsuccessful applicants will be notified of their status on or before 3 May, 2021.
Note to Parents
- To ensure complete fairness and objectivity in the admission procedures, applicants and their parents are reminded not to offer any advantages to school staff in connection with their applications.
- All personal data collected will be used for this application procedure only.
- All items submitted will not be returned and will be retained by the school until the admission process has been completed. All documents will be destroyed after the completion of the admission process unless otherwise specified.
General Enquiries (Form 1 Admission):
Tel: 2711 0862
Office Hours: 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. (Monday to Friday) 9:00 a.m. – 12 noon (Saturday)